July 2015-July 2018

July 2015-July 2018

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Being an instrument in the Lord's Hands

This email is not as long as usual due to time restrictions, however, this week was amazing! I can feel the spirit molding me into a person that I never thought I could or would become honestly.  I'm being prompted to do things that I normally would not feel comfortable doing. The miraculous part is that I'm listening to the spirit and acting on these promptings without hesitation! Whenever I act on something that I don't feel comfortable doing, such as trying to say something in our class that I don't know how to say in Chinese, wo ganjue Shen de ai (I feel God's love).  The words that come out my mouth during lessons are surprising and wonderful.  I don't know how I remember them honestly. I do know that Shen (God) is working through me and helping me when I need him most. I am speaking Mandarin Chinese, but more importantly, I have learned how to teach the gospel.  My Chinese is only going to get better as I spend the next two years hearing it and speaking it full time in Taiwan. I am set apart as a Missionary and that means I am blessed with the gift of tongues,  but I need to be able to allow the Spirit to work through me in order to reach the hearts of the mudaoyou (investigators). I need to be an instrument in the Lord's hands.  I love my mission so much and I wouldn't trade it for the world!  It is by far the best decision I have ever made in my life and I am so grateful for this opportunity.  Taiwan.....here I come (Sept. 22)!!

I love you all and I hope you all have a wonderful week!  Stay safe
Elder Coletti
 
 
This is Elder Slater and he is in my district.  We are known as the class clowns and have way too much fun together!

This is a brand new Elder in our district from England.  It is absolutely to hear him speak Chinese with his English accent!  HAHA!  I also cannot keep him out of my stuff....he loves everything I have, especially my clothes! ....oh well:)

Best Dang District....Period!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment