July 2015-July 2018

July 2015-July 2018

Monday, October 19, 2015

Crazy Buses and Hot Pots!

Elder Coletti's Letter 10/19/2015 Week 13

I don't know if I mentioned this, but the computers I use to email home are in Chinese! HAHA!

The Street outside of my apartment.

Having Hot Pots!

The fancy apartment Nancy took us to.

The street outside of the 5 star apartment.

 
The ceiling in the fancy apartment.

Elder Scovel and I at Nancy's apartment for lunch.

Elder Scovel and myself waiting at the apartment for Nancy.

The ward member of the San Xia district going tracting with us.

The buses here are crazy!

 
Monday Oct. 12, 2015:  
This was one of the craziest days of my life!  We went over to one of our investigator's homes.  His name is Lin Da Ge.  He has had a problem with the Word of Wisdom, but since meeting with the missionaries he has changed so much!  He went from drinking every hour to only drinking once last week!  He loves missionaries.  His whole family was home with him when we got there:  his wife who is from the Philippines, his 15 year old daughter (who has already has a  one week old baby) and his youngest child who is 12 years old. He started speaking really fast in Chinese. I had no clue what he was saying and so I turn to look at Elder Scovel for  translation. Elder Scovel says: "Hey, your going to give their baby a blessing of comfort and counsel."  I was like "WHAAAAAAA????" Hahaha!   I gave the baby a blessing and it truly was amazing.  The Lord helped me so much with bringing words into my remembrance and giving a somewhat comprehensible blessing in Chinese. After the blessing, Lin Da Ge told us that his whole entire family wants to be baptized. Hopefully the Lin Jiating (family) will continue to progress and will all be baptized together!

Wednesday Oct. 14, 2015:  
We had our Mianfei Yingwen Ban (Free English Class), which is awesome!  I taught the Advanced class again.  It was so much fun! The Asian students are all basically conversationally fluent  in English and so I taught them more specific words about the human body and the body senses.  We ended playing a little game that I picked up in the MTC.  It's called "Wo you liliang" (I have power).  You say that three times (Wo you liliang) and then point at something on your body and say it in English (example: arm). It was hilarious!

Thursday Oct. 15, 2015:
Nancy ( the Tai Chi lady from last week), met with us.  She took us to this 5 star apartment  in Taiwan.  They are called apartments because they don't really have hotels.  She ended up buying us a wonderful 3 course meal!  Elder Scovel and I tried to tell no, but she insisted!  She told us that she could tell that we are good people just by the way we shook her hand.  So.... always remember handshakes can define who you are!  She said that she will pay for lunch once a month no matter who the missionaries are!  She is an awesome lady!

Saturday Oct. 17, 2015:  
We went tracting with some of the members in our ward!  It was amazing.  Such a cool experience going with all of the ward members.  I have noticed that if the people on the streets see that our church has Taiwanese members, it makes them more willing to listen to our message.

Sorry I didn't write everything that happened this week.  If I had written every experience this week, I would be able to sell it as a book on Amazon!  So much happens in a day and I absolutely love it!  I love that not one day is the same as another.  I just want to give you a taste of what goes on during a week in Taiwan for me. 
My dad asked me what a typical day is like for me.  A typical day consist of studying (personal, companionship, language, etc.) up until 12 and then lunch from 12-1. From 1-5  it is whatever we have planned or scheduled.  We usually have scheduled lessons or appointments or finding more investigators on the street.  From 5- 6 dinner and from 6 -9 it is whatever we have planned or scheduled (same as 1-5). From  9- 10 daily planning for the next day and 10 -10:30 we get ready for bed.  Not one day is the exact same!  We are always doing something different and following our daily inspiration on what we should do or where we should go. I love trying all of the different things they have here to eat and we eat something new everyday.  I love "hot pots"!  In Chinese they are called huoguo....really good!

I want to invite everyone to read 2 Nephi 4: 15-35.  I really enjoyed reading this chapter this week and I know it can apply to everyone!  Remember to make everyone one of your prayers sincere and heartfelt. Try not to make your prayers routine and memorized because not one day is the same as the another! 

 
Wo ai nimen (I love you all)!  Qing ai wo (Please love me)!

Elder Coletti
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment