July 2015-July 2018

July 2015-July 2018

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

I am in Taiwan!!!!

Elder Coletti's Letter 10/5/2015 Week 11:
 





This week has been a whirlwind! After 30 hours of traveling from the Provo MTC, all 14 of us Elders made it to Taiwan Taipei safely!  President Jergensen, Sister Jergensen, and their twins met us at the airport and we have been running ever since then!  We stayed at the Bu (Missionary HQ) which is literally across the street from the Taiwan temple.  We could look at the temple outside our window!  Really cool!  We went to Shang Hai Chek Memorial which was awesome and there is a lot of history behind it.  The next day we were assigned our companions aka our trainers.  The trainers train us and get us used to Taiwan.  It was really cool how it was presented.  They have a picture of the trainees on a big screen  ( the fourteen new missionaries).  We go up and introduce ourselves and then they reveal another picture of our trainer and that is how we find out who we are with. It was really exciting!  hahaha! My trainer/companion is Elder Scovel.  I call him my daddy!:)  He is a stud!  He has been in Taiwan for 6 months and is already basically fluent.  I've noticed that every missionary who has been here for at least 24 weeks are conversationally fluent so there is hope for me!! :)  Elder Scovel and I went to our area which is called the San Xia district.  It is south west of Taipei.  The people here are amazing!  They have a college here.  It is called Bei Da. There are a lot of college aged people who find Americans very interesting and they want to talk to us and get to know us!  We have been talking to a lot of people! Oh my gosh, the traffic!  The traffic is insane here!  It is so fast paced and condensed. Elder Scovel and I are riding bikes and it is crazy, but so much fun!!  We are basically riding in the middle of the road.  We turn in intersections.  We ride on the sidewalks.  Anywhere we want to go, we can go!  hahaha It is awesome!  Sunday.....  Church was a blast!  I walked into the chapel and it felt almost as if I was a celebrity or something!  I was surrounded by all of these little asians people shouting at me in Chinese!!!! It was awesome!  When you first come to the area the bishops have the new missionaries bear their testimonies. I bore my testimony and I was trying to say that Taiwan was really cool, but I member told me that I said Taiwan is really cute.  haha whoops!  There is not enough time to give all the details because so much happened today!  I'll try and be more organized next week .
Wo ai nimen (I love you all)!  Qing ai wo (Please love me)!
Elder Coletti 田長老

 

No comments:

Post a Comment