July 2015-July 2018

July 2015-July 2018

Monday, February 8, 2016

GuoNian, Earthquakes and Typhoons....oh my!

Elder Coletti's Letter 2/7/2016 Week 29:



Because of next week being GuoNian 中國新的一年 (Chinese New Year), this week was pretty slow.  All of our investigators said that they couldn't meet this week or next week because it's GuoNian!  The Taiwanese people go CRAZY for the Chinese New Year.  The entire city shuts down for the festivities. They stop everything they are doing in order to prepare for and celebrate this holiday which lasts a week. There is no work or school.  If only Christmas would last that long!  The members are feeding us feasts twice a day during the holiday week too!! The people here in Taiwan are so amazing and I love them!

I want to invite everybody to read Luke 1: 26-38. Read it a couple of  times this week and think about the significance behind what is being said.  I read this passage probably 5 times this week.  Each time I read it, it got more and more meaningful to me. 
Elder Crawford, Myself, Max and his son

I love you all so much!  I heard that there was a pretty big Earthquake and Typhoon here in Taiwan.  I wasn't anywhere near it nor felt it.  No worries!  Also, I heard the Broncos defense won the Super Bowl this year!  That's cool to hear!   The work in Taiwan is so much fun!   I can't express how grateful I am to be a missionary right now!  It's one of the best decisions I ever made!
Keep spreading the gospel everybody!  Spread the GOSPEL, like it is GOSSIP!:) Ha!

Elder Coletti
傳教士


No comments:

Post a Comment