July 2015-July 2018

July 2015-July 2018

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Never Doubt the Lord

Elder Coletti's Letter 1/31/16 Week 28:


This week was a little bit slow for Elder Crawford and myself.  I don't know why, but I felt like I was having a hard time focusing. It wasn't because I was homesick or distracted from missionary work. I just felt like I was moving in slow motion all week! Elder Crawford and I have made some inspired goals in order to help us hurdle this situation with lack of focus.  We are going to always be on the move.  We are going to always be doing something productive and protect those little minutes that we waste in the day.  We are going to turn these minutes we waste into hours of productivity. We really feel that if we can put this plan into action, next week will be great!

Although it felt like we were a little bit off this week, the Lord blessed us beyond belief! We were a little behind on our Standard of Excellence goal that was established by our Mission President.  We were trying to figure out what we could do in order to hit this goal. After praying, we decided to go see an investigator that we haven't  met with in a while. We were at a the house of less active member (Max: the guy with 16 dogs)and the investigator we planned on seeing was his next door neighbor. After meeting with Max, we went over to her home. She is a women I think is about 80 years old or so and she is one of those old ladies that just grunts and says, "Aahhhh!" all the time.  It was super funny to be around her because she hardly understood anything we would say. She was home with her granddaughter who is about 30.  We talked to her and ended up setting a time for another visit. For one reason or another, we weren't able to meet with her at all for a week or so.  She completely slipped our minds until Sunday evening.  We found a Peike, and went over to her house. We knocked on the door and she answered and let us in. Inside the house was the old grandma, the granddaughter we had met, the granddaughter's mom (also the old grandma's daughter), and the granddaughter's two children (they are 12 and 10). This house is a home to a 4 generation family all living together! We ended up teaching them one of the most spiritually power-filled Restoration lessons I have ever been a part of!  They all had a background of Christ and it almost felt like a testimony meeting to me. You can't ever go wrong with a testimony meeting based on Jesus Christ!  The granddaughter's mom tells us that she knows that everything we have said is true, and that we, Elder Crawford and myself, are angles sent from God. We invited the whole family to be baptized and they all said yes! So..... we ended up scheduling the whole family of 5 with baptisimal dates! We also hit our Standards of Excellence goal this week!
This experience made me realize that regardless of our faults, weaknesses and short comings, God continues to bless us immensely!  There are many times that we feel like nothing is going our way and that no matter what we do, we can't seem to catch a break.  This week was a little rough for us.  Finding wasn't working, members couldn't help with lessons, the weather wasn't great, etc.  I was a feeling a little discouraged, but through the mercy of God, he rewarded us and he turned everything around.  I don't think I will ever forget this experience!  I learned to never doubt the Lord and what he is capable of.  Even when things are the lowest of the low, he is there and he will help us.  I know God performs miracles, and it's usually  when we least expect it.  I learned this week to never take anything for granted.  We need to focus on the good in our lives and recognize all of the beautiful blessings.  It's hard sometimes to see the blessings when we are struggling.  When you start to adjust your focus and count your blessings, blessings will flood your mind!  Don't take anything for granted, because God has granted us this life. Everything we have that is wonderful in our lives is a gift from him.
Yum!  Chicken Head!

 
I love you all so much!  My love for you all is ineffable!  I know I say that word a lot in my emails but I just love it!  It's my favorite word I learned my Senior year in English 1010! Have a wonderful week everyone!
 
Elder Coletti















No comments:

Post a Comment