July 2015-July 2018

July 2015-July 2018

Monday, December 12, 2016

Three Baptisms!


Elder Coletti's Letter 12/12/16:

So we have been having baptisms lately!  Let me tell about these incredible people:

謝濬鴻 (Harry):  Harry is 14 years old!  His mom was a long lost LA. Elders dropped by her house back in May.  Her oldest son (Jamie) was baptized in August, and then her youngest son (Harry) ended up getting baptized on December 3!  He is such a fun kid.  He absolutely loves missionaries and is very mature for his age.  He started talking about how he knows that this church can bless his family in the future. I am so happy to have had the opportunity to meet this kid.  I literally love him like my little brother.

賴盈廷 (Lai):  Lai is about 30 years old.  He ran into missionaries on the street back in September and he has been completely golden since then!  He loves learning about the Gospel of Jesus Christ and how it can bless his life.  He goes to the Gospel Principles Class every week and he loves going to church to have a peaceful reassurance.  He has some family problems, but he wants to make things right.  He knows that Christ can help him out.  He is one of the most humble human beings I have ever met.  You can feel his love every time he looks at you.  He wanted to change and he has.

竺藩盛 (Sean):  Sean is very special to me.  Elder Moss and I ran into him on the streets.  During our initial contact with him he had a lot of interest in English, but as we talked to him some more, he opened up.  He talked about how he wants more happiness in his life and that the messages we were sharing might really help him.  Sean is really awkward:)  He is just a little socially awkward because he grew up not having a lot of friends. He started coming to church.  Every time we sat down and had a lesson with him he would really opened up to us. He would talk about what he was thinking and how he was feeling.  He has an incredible testimony.  He knows that this church is true and that it will bring him more happiness.  I love this guy!

Well, that is what has been happening lately!  I am absolutely loving it in Taoyuan!  It is so much fun.  I have a cool lesson on faith that I experienced this week.  While we were biking in the night, we turned down this really small alley. I mean really small! We were probably 1 yard away (on both sides) of hitting the walls.  It was a very, very skinny alley.  It was also at night time and there weren't any street lights.  I literally could not see two feet in front of me.  As scary as this pathway seems, I have biked down it before in the daytime. I knew where it led (Key word: knew).  I knew that it was going to be alright.  As I was biking, I starting to think about how scary this would be if I had  no clue where this alley was going! I think that this is what faith is like!  Sometimes we don't know where the path we are going down leads to.  Sometimes we don't know what the result is going to be.  But when we have faith, it doesn't matter.  We just believe.  We know that it is going to be alright.  We know that we will see the light on the other side.  Faith gives us the power and the desire to keep moving forward.  It tunes out the "walls" to our sides.  It outshines the grim path ahead of us.  It's what keeps us moving forward.

Faith can have failure.  But Faith cannot have disappointment.

Love you!
Elder Coletti























 






No comments:

Post a Comment