July 2015-July 2018

July 2015-July 2018

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Su Shun Yi was baptized!

Elder Coletti's Letter 5/28/17:


蘇順義 (Su Shun Yi) or Ken got baptized this past week.  He is 35 years old and is from Hualian!  He works in Taipei.  His mom was in the hospital and in really bad shape. Ken's Uncle (who is a member!) called the missionaries to go to the hospital and give Ken's mom a priesthood blessing. One week later Ken's mom was able to leave the hospital.  Ken was moved.  He wanted this power in his life.  He started to investigate the church.  Before he started to learn more about the gospel of Jesus Christ, he didn't really have a good relationship with his family. There was not a lot of love in his family.  As he continued to learn more about the gospel, he changed.  He started to love his family.  He started to pray for them and he started to feel that power in his life.  Ken is a changed man, and it eventually led him to the waters of baptism.

I love my family.  They have such an impact in everything that I do everyday.  They are amazing, and I know that it's because of this gospel we are so happy today.  It's because of Jesus Christ, that we are so close with one another.  Just like Ken, as we apply the teaching of Jesus Christ in our daily lives, we are changed and so are our families.  Families are keystones in this plan that God has given us.  If our family is a success, then everything will be alright.  Work will be okay.  We will be happy.  No matter how far we are from each other, the family will be connected through the light of Christ.  The families relationships will only improve without actually being in contact with each other.  That is what I have witnessed on my mission.  If everyone applies the gospel daily, everyone will be blessed.  If the family puts Christ first,   puts Christ on the mantle, everything else falls into place.  I love my family, and I love you all.  But more important than anything else, I love Jesus Christ.  It's because of him I have everything else.

Elder Coletti






No comments:

Post a Comment