July 2015-July 2018

July 2015-July 2018

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Continuing Discipleship

Continuing Discipleship.  That is something that I have been pondering throughout this week.  How can I continue to follow Jesus Christ, and stay on the straight and narrow path after my mission.  It is very easy to follow Jesus Christ while I have 2 years set apart to teach the same things that he would teach.  That is the easier part.  What about after when you become "one with the world?"   There are so many distractions in life that can give us detours.  As we focus on our priorities, everything else will work out.  As we put God and His Commandments first, everything else falls into place. However, we need to stretch ourselves as well.  We can't just go through the motions of reading the scripture every morning just to say we "read our scriptures." It's actually reading, pondering, and applying.  It's acquiring spiritual knowledge.  It's through these little means that we are made whole.  That is how Jesus completes us.

I love my mission.  It is the greatest decision I have ever made.  I love the people that I have met here.  From all the people that I have taught, to the members I have served, to the missionaries I have talked to. I love them all.  These people have changed my life. I want to be Continuing Disciples with them. I want to stay in contact with them for the rest of my life.  But most important, I want to stay in contact with Jesus Christ for the rest of my life.  Never forget all of the ways he has taught me, served me, and talked to me.  The end of my mission is almost here, but so is the beginning.  The beginning to Continuing Discipleship.

Elder Coletti




No comments:

Post a Comment