July 2015-July 2018

July 2015-July 2018

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Changes

Elder Coletti's Letter 03/13/2016 Week 34

This week was pretty crazy! While I was in HuaLian with Elder Crawford, we always thought that Elder Crawford would be the next one to leave, and that I would stay in MeiLun. But when we got the text that someone was moving, and we found out that it was going to be me, we were shocked! We didn't see that one coming at all! At first I was a little upset and sad. I had really fallen in love with MeiLun. We had some really awesome investigators that I know, without a doubt, were going to be getting baptized. We found out that I was moving on Tuesday.  I was upset until Wednesday night when we headed to the Bu (Mission Headquarters) for transfers. After going to the Bu for the first time in nearly 3 months, I realized something. I realized how many missionaries there are in our mission, and how many amazing areas we have. I was asking Elder Huntsman(AP) and Elder Smith(Recorder) about the area I was going to in TaoYuan. They told me how AMAZING it was (both of them having served in the same area previously). At this point, I started realizing how selfish I was being. How I didn't want to move from MeiLun because I really liked it, and all of the investigators. But in the end, it doesn't matter who helps those investigators get baptized, because it will be their conversion, not mine. I loved my time in MeiLun, but I am even more excited for my time here in TaoYuan. I absolutely love my new companion, Elder Alder.  He has been in the field about a year now and he is super fun to be around. The ward here is AMAZING.


 They were so welcoming to me my first Sunday here. After my first Sunday here, I now realize my purpose more as a missionary. I want to help the ward I am in, regardless of where I am. I am super excited to serve here. I want to make a big impact to the ward and try to help them as much as I can. I know that I am serving here for a specific reason, and myself and  Elder Alder will do everything we can to make a difference in the ward and this area!







I love you all so much!  I will take more pics of my area next week!  I am serving right in the middle of the city in TaoYuan. My area is also north of the city in TaoYuan (which includes NanKan) and all the way to the beach on North Taiwan.

My invitation is to think about changes.  Changes are really hard and sometimes we don't want to do it.  But that is the entire premise of the Gospel of Christ: Repentance.  We all need to change through Repentance.  I want everyone to find something that they want to change about themselves for the better.  I know it'll be hard, but it will be worth it in the end! 

 Love ya!
Elder Coletti

No comments:

Post a Comment