July 2015-July 2018

July 2015-July 2018

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Ray was baptized!

Elder Coletti's Letter 11/13/2016:


Hello!  This week was a lot of fun!  Elder Moss and I had a lot going on in the area this week! We were biking to appointments at the speed of light. We were getting into a taxi so that we could make it to our appointment in time.  We were leaving our bikes in the process, and having to ask a member to drive us to pick them up the next day.  We had members feeding us food.  We had people learning about Jesus Christ.  We had  a little bit of everything going on here this week and I loved it;)

Something really special happened this week.  My best friend Ray was baptized!  Gosh, I love this kid!  He is hilarious! When I was in DanShui (My last area about 6 months ago), he came to English class with one of our Members named Jack. When he came to English class, I thought he was really cool.  He lived outside of my area, so I didn't think much of it at the time.  He came to class the next week and I thought he was really funny.  I thought the gospel could help him, but I would have to just give him to the Elders in that area.  He came to class the third time and I thought that I need to get him in contact with the other Elders! I passed him over to them  and he started his journey!  He needed some time and he initially didn't have much interest in the church.  He really just wanted some white friends!  Eventually that initial interest in English transformed into an interest in Christ, and Ray was willing to get baptized. 

A big thing that I learned from this experience is that it doesn't matter where people come from or where they live, we can still have an influence in their lives.  We shouldn't waste the opportunities that God gives us. God, through Jack, put Ray into contact with the church.  If I had wasted the opportunity to help Ray get in contact with the missionaries in his area, he may have never accepted baptism.  I'm just glad that God gave me 3 chances!  We shouldn't waste chances to help someone.  Everyone deserves a chance to have their lives changed.  Everyone.

Transfers are this week.  It is likely that I will be leaving this area, but who knows!  I am so glad to have been given the opportunity to train Elder Moss.  He is a rockstar.  He's already an incredible missionary.  We have had so much fun this past two transfers and made so many wonderful memories:)   Stay tuned next week!

Elder Coletti





No comments:

Post a Comment