July 2015-July 2018

July 2015-July 2018

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Ether 12:12

Elder Coletti's Letter 05/22/2016:


Good morning from Taiwan!  This week was full of tender mercies from our Heavenly Father.  Elder Francis and I have been seeing more and more success from our efforts, and it is definitely being supplemented because of God's help.

I want to share a really good story that Elder Francis and I witnessed.  Our ward wanted to do service for a Catholic facility called St. Annes hospital or something like that.  It's basically a place that physically disabled children are taken care of and learn how to cope with their physical disabilities.  So our whole ward went there and sang to the children, which was awesome.  As we were leaving the building after our performance, we ran into an old lady from Holland.  Turns out that her name was Anne, who the facility was named after.  She really is Catholic.  As we walked by her she shouted,
 "HEY!  Are you the Mormons?" When I heard this, I thought she was going to start shouting at us because of our beliefs.  So we tell her yes we are, and then she responds, "The Mormons do more service than the Catholics.  I love the Mormons.  Mormons are such good people.  God Bless You."  I was blown away.  This lady has been in Taiwan for 50 years, running this service for disabled children, and yet she still says that the Mormons do more service than anyone else!  This was a big testimony builder to me because of the fact that people do recognize service.  There are times that I am on the mission, serving others, and I feel like I am getting nothing in return.  No reward, so to speak.  But it is little things like this that makes it all worth it.  I learned that we must always be serving others, because we don't know who might be looking at us.  If we are always in the service of God, people will recognize us as servants of God.  And through that recognition, God can work wonders amongst the children of men.  Please always be in the service of God.  We don't know who might be watching.

Now I would like to talk about my amazing companion, Elder Francis!  It truly is incredible how much a mission changes someone.  It not only makes you a better person, but it makes you wise.  There are countless times during the day that Elder Francis' wisdom shines out to me.  Elder Francis truly knows how to prepare people for baptism and to help them repent.  He handles the hard-to-handle situations like a champ and I am so grateful for his wisdom.  I get little tidbits everyday and it has helped me progress as a missionary.

There is a really cool scripture in Ether 12:12 which says, "For if there be no faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them; wherefore, he showed not himself until after their faith."  I really like this scripture!  I think that it is so applicable to every one of us!  God will not show himself to us, until we show that we him to show that we have faith in him.  He will only appear once our faith is manifested.  There are times that we think, "If God does this for me, then I will do that." But God thinks, "If you do that, then I will do this for you."  This is a really tricky concept to understand at times.  But I firmly believe that if we will continue to 1) serve God at all times 2) seek more wisdom in this life and 3) show our faith to God, that is when we will recognize the hand of God in our lives.

I love you all so much!  Thank you all for serving me!  We are forever and always 大家(DaJia=Big Family).

Elder Coletti
甜田圈長老

No comments:

Post a Comment