July 2015-July 2018

July 2015-July 2018

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Love

Elder Coletti's Letter 09/04/2016:

Hello to all!  How the heck is everyone?! Taiwan is beautiful and starting to cool down a little bit, which is so nice. Elder Moss is amazing. I just love him so much! Every time I look at him, I am reminded of when I first got to the island.  The mission truly does change people.  I am completely different than I was back in October of last year. I have a different attitude, a different appearance and I feel a different kind of love.  I love it.  When we surrender ourselves to service, that's when development begins.




I had a really cool experience last night actually.  Usually when missionaries go to sleep, we'll talk for a bit and then pass out!  We are usually exhausted, but last night was a little bit different.  It was the first time in awhile that I was struggling falling asleep.  I just couldn't!  It was because I was so happy! I was reminiscing about how happy Taiwanese investigators, recent converts and members here make me and how much they have change my life.  I was appreciating how much happiness they have brought to me.  I couldn't sleep because I wanted to help more.  I wanted to make someone else smile, make someone else laugh.  I wanted to go and talk to one more person and plant that seed in their heart.  That is what this gospel can do, but it is our responsibility as members to bring it to them.  My desire to help others on this mission has grown exponentially.  I remember being in Elder Moss' shoes and thinking to my self, "What the heck am I doing here?"  I wasn't quite sure what my purpose was as a missionary.  I knew in my mind it was, of course, to teach repentance and baptize converts, but I never really felt that purpose truly sink into my heart. It has been through the labor, the work, the effort and service that my heart has recognized my purpose as a missionary.    It has been through the sweat and the tears, that my purpose has sunk into my heart, has sunk into my soul.  I love my mission more than anything else in the world!  I have so much more love than I thought was possible!  I testify that every single one of us can have that love.  We can develop that love for others and that love for God. We can develop that love for Christ through service and through our expression of love to others.  Love those that you are around.  They are part of your Eternal Family.  They are God's children.  They need to feel of your love, because it is through us, that God works miracles. It is through us that God shows his love and allows other to feel his love.  Don't forget that God is invested in every single one of us, knows us personally and loves us.

I love you all so much! Thank you for the love that you have shown me.  Your love is what I feed off of.  It's what drives me.  Give your love to others, others the desperately need it.

Elder Coletti

A very cool story:  Joey received his mission call in Mar. of his Senior year at Bingham High School.  At the time he was taking Mandarin Chinese from a teacher named Liao Lao Shi. She was a woman from Taiwan who was teaching at Bingham for 1 year on a work visa and would be returning home at the end of the school year.  When Joey came to class after receiving his mission call he was so excited to tell his Chinese teacher Lao Shi.  When he told her, she said that when he arrives in Taiwan that he should contact her if he needed anything.  Joey said he would and he also told her that he was going to baptize her!  We received a picture this week from Joey with a little note saying: " I'm teaching Lao Shi!"  Lao Shi is the woman in red in the pictures!:)










No comments:

Post a Comment